Skip to main content

Conducting Workshops

It's been a busy 2011 so far and I'm trying to get myself more organized. Besides attending the NAMS5 virtual training, which was pretty intense, I'm conducting a number of local workshops. These are on a variety of topics to do with marketing on the Internet, social media, and information product creation. Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn are very popular right now, both with businesses and people who want to keep up with technology. My favourite is showing how to use Hootsuite to bring it all together without taking too much time. Some workshops I've done before but since I use the classroom as my lab of sorts, I'm always trying new ways to present the information.

I know it would be much easier to create the content once and simply teach it, but there are always new things I've learned that I like to add. Plus I really enjoy the workshops that have a lot of interaction, so I try different ways to get the points across in fun ways that people will remember. If you've never tried conducting a workshop of your own, why not give it a go. It's great to share your knowledge, help people, and get paid in the process:)

One of these days, I'm going to get my materials together and offer it as a manual for people who would like to teach Internet workshops but aren't sure where to start. Now that I've been doing them part-time for the last five or six years, I think I've learned a little as I've gone along. If you've taught some workshops yourself, please comment and tell us about your experiences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opt-in Forms

I spent today creating opt-in forms for each of my blogs. Mind you, other than this one on blogger, which is so easy to install, I have no idea what to do next. My other blogs are in Wordpress and have to be copied into the HTML code. For a non-techie like me, that is a big deal. Update: With the newer versions of Wordpress and the use of widgets with most themes, adding an opt-in form is now as easy as on a Blogger blog. I went to Aweber and created my form, copied the code that's produced and pasted it into my HTML widget. And I even sound like a techie, don't I? Until next time, Carol

Youtube Videos - Are You Using Them?

Creating more Youtube videos is on my to-do list for this spring. But I think I need to take a lesson from my granddaughter's future husband and learn to use humor much more than I do. Here is a recent video he created to give you an idea of what I mean. Don't miss the surprise ending. Until next time, Carol

Jet Lag and NAMS 4

Okay, it wasn't a jet, but I did take a 747 to NAMS. And yes, I've been back for a week now. But it takes me a while to recover so you won't get all the juicy details for a bit longer yet. All I can say is I took loads of notes, hung out with some amazing people, and wish they didn't live so far away. I learned a lot and really enjoyed the sessions with Bob 'The Teacher' Jenkins, Karon Thackston, and Kathleen Gage. Of course all of the presenters were great, but those three I got the most from. And I had a 15 minute consultation with Mark Hendricks as well. The last NAMS I didn't think I had anything to discuss with him, but this time I forced myself to sign up. I was super nervous, but he was very easy to talk to, and he actually liked my idea for a membership site. I'll talk more about that another time. Once I get my notes organized, I'll give you my top ten takeaway points. Now the challenge is to do them, not stay in learning mode. So