Skip to main content

Learning Internet Marketing From the Experts

This past weekend was a busy one, with sessions on various aspects of Internet marketing all day long. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday the webinars were from 10 in the morning until 5 at night, with an hour off for lunch. That sounds like a heavy schedule and it is, but the one I attend live in Atlanta starts at 8:30 every morning and then ends at 6. Then everyone sits around and networks all evening. So in comparison, the virtual training was easier, plus if I had other plans, like my grandaughter's birthday party, I could take time off. All of the audio recordings will be sent so I can review those I missed later.

There were a number of different presenters and most of them spoke for close to an hour, with a live question and answer time at the end of their session. Some topics covered were affiliate marketing, building community and becoming a market leader, re-purposing your content, using Twitter and Facebook effectively, video marketing, strategies to convert your readers to buyers, copywriting, building a successful business blog, membership sites, teleseminars, getting your local business to rank highly on Google, getting content for your website, dealing with procrastination, and building credibility. I could mention more, but as you can see, it's been a very comprehensive training so far. And it isn't over yet. Monday to Thursday evening there are two more presenters each night, each giving an hour session.

There were all kinds of useful resources mentioned, many of them free. For example, screenr.com, tweetgrid.com, and fiverr.com. The only thing I would caution if you have been attending these is not to feel overwhelmed with all the information. You can go back over it as often as you like and before you know it, all of those pieces that seem so difficult now will click and become much easier to understand. A lot of the sessions were classified as being a beginner level, but they aren't. If I was a total beginner, a lot of it would be over my head. Best not to pay any attention to the levels assigned for this virtual training. When you get to Atlanta, to the live event, each of the levels will be taught in a different room and there is also one for absolute beginners.

The main drawback to attending a virtual training like this is missing the social interaction and networking with the other people there. Although the webinar sessions are live and there is a question time, hearing voices just isn't the same as actually being there. But since Atlanta was struggling with snow, it might not have been the easiest place to travel to. And not having to pay for flights or hotel rooms was certainly a lot cheaper. As with most things, there are pros and cons to a virtual training event. An added plus with the NAMS workshop is that the one price also includes attendance at the live event in Atlanta in August. Much better weather then too - especially if you like the heat.

Which do you prefer: a live workshop or a virtual one (and why)?

Have a great day,
Carol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opt-in Forms

I spent today creating opt-in forms for each of my blogs. Mind you, other than this one on blogger, which is so easy to install, I have no idea what to do next. My other blogs are in Wordpress and have to be copied into the HTML code. For a non-techie like me, that is a big deal. Update: With the newer versions of Wordpress and the use of widgets with most themes, adding an opt-in form is now as easy as on a Blogger blog. I went to Aweber and created my form, copied the code that's produced and pasted it into my HTML widget. And I even sound like a techie, don't I? Until next time, Carol

Youtube Videos - Are You Using Them?

Creating more Youtube videos is on my to-do list for this spring. But I think I need to take a lesson from my granddaughter's future husband and learn to use humor much more than I do. Here is a recent video he created to give you an idea of what I mean. Don't miss the surprise ending. Until next time, Carol

Jet Lag and NAMS 4

Okay, it wasn't a jet, but I did take a 747 to NAMS. And yes, I've been back for a week now. But it takes me a while to recover so you won't get all the juicy details for a bit longer yet. All I can say is I took loads of notes, hung out with some amazing people, and wish they didn't live so far away. I learned a lot and really enjoyed the sessions with Bob 'The Teacher' Jenkins, Karon Thackston, and Kathleen Gage. Of course all of the presenters were great, but those three I got the most from. And I had a 15 minute consultation with Mark Hendricks as well. The last NAMS I didn't think I had anything to discuss with him, but this time I forced myself to sign up. I was super nervous, but he was very easy to talk to, and he actually liked my idea for a membership site. I'll talk more about that another time. Once I get my notes organized, I'll give you my top ten takeaway points. Now the challenge is to do them, not stay in learning mode. So