Skip to main content

eBay and Copywriting

I've been hearing a lot about using eBay not just to earn money, but as a learning tool for Internet Marketing. So I listed my first item for sale and managed to sell it for enough to buy myself a coffee.

I'm learning to write headlines, take good pictures, and write short, interesting copy - things that I need to know to succeed as an Internet Marketer. Granted, I didn't make much money, but the item was a small plastic toy and my description was good enough to attract 9 bids.

I read some sales copy recently that was in the form of an exciting story and it was so well written that I hung on every word. That's the way I want to be able to write copy.

Thanks to eBay, I'm beginning to feel like this is a game - see how convincingly I can write, so that someone will want to buy, whether they need it or not. Are you playing too?

Until next time,
Carol

Comments

  1. Hey Carol!
    I just found your blog; looks like we might be in this thing together! I'm not making any money yet either, but I am figuring out a few things. did you by any chance go to "Ebay University" a few weeks back? Take a look at my blog in your spare time; I'm blogging my experiences and my thoughts as I go through this process.
    BTW, we're over in Mississauga
    --practically neighbors!
    Cheers!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina, so nice to have you close by. I'm in Cambridge now, so not far at all.

    I didn't get to eBay University, but I heard great things about the time. Were you able to make it there?

    Looking forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why An Internet Business Is Best For Me

I'm presenting a full day workshop at the local community centre in a few days. My topic - Start an Internet Home Business For Under $100. With more than a dozen ways to make money on the Internet, this will be a brief introduction of all the possibilities that exist online. There is no way I can cover too much in depth - but I hope to inspire people to try. Who am I to be telling anyone anything? Well, in the past few years I have learned more than I realize. I created a mindmap with six main topic areas - finding a niche, what you need to get started, monetizing, places to sell, getting traffic, and other possible options such as video and audio. Mindmapping was an easy way for me to see all the different things I could talk about. The hardest part is narrowing it down to what can be consumed in one day without causing information overload. In the past, when I've presented workshops on topics like eBay, the only negative comments I've ever had are always about too muc...

Opt-in Forms

I spent today creating opt-in forms for each of my blogs. Mind you, other than this one on blogger, which is so easy to install, I have no idea what to do next. My other blogs are in Wordpress and have to be copied into the HTML code. For a non-techie like me, that is a big deal. Update: With the newer versions of Wordpress and the use of widgets with most themes, adding an opt-in form is now as easy as on a Blogger blog. I went to Aweber and created my form, copied the code that's produced and pasted it into my HTML widget. And I even sound like a techie, don't I? Until next time, Carol

Youtube Videos - Are You Using Them?

Creating more Youtube videos is on my to-do list for this spring. But I think I need to take a lesson from my granddaughter's future husband and learn to use humor much more than I do. Here is a recent video he created to give you an idea of what I mean. Don't miss the surprise ending. Until next time, Carol