Skip to main content

Broken Strings and Second Chances


Notes From the Podcast episode:

  • Excerpt from ‘Come Away My Beloved’ daily devotional:  “Will you be like an instrument with broken strings from which the musician can bring forth no music?”
  • The important thing isn’t that we stay so strong that we never break
  • How do we react when we feel broken?
  • How would a rare violin be treated?
  • Why we are like that violin and how should we respond?
 

Second Chances

First of all, thank you to those of you I know have been praying that I find my direction going forward. The path gets a little clearer every day. As many of you know, I volunteer with the homeless, the local women's prison, and a prison aftercare program. Many of those women are like that broken violin and I've seen how God can fix their brokenness.

For awhile now I've wondered how I could practically help and I know employment and finances play a big part in becoming a contributing member of society. So I've decided to start training some of these women to work virtually. To that end, I’m trying out a new service called SendOwl to help sell and deliver the content that I and my special ladies will create. So far it's really easy for me to use. I will keep you posted as my direction progresses.

Have a great day, Carol
My New Podcast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opt-in Forms

I spent today creating opt-in forms for each of my blogs. Mind you, other than this one on blogger, which is so easy to install, I have no idea what to do next. My other blogs are in Wordpress and have to be copied into the HTML code. For a non-techie like me, that is a big deal. Update: With the newer versions of Wordpress and the use of widgets with most themes, adding an opt-in form is now as easy as on a Blogger blog. I went to Aweber and created my form, copied the code that's produced and pasted it into my HTML widget. And I even sound like a techie, don't I? Until next time, Carol

Youtube Videos - Are You Using Them?

Creating more Youtube videos is on my to-do list for this spring. But I think I need to take a lesson from my granddaughter's future husband and learn to use humor much more than I do. Here is a recent video he created to give you an idea of what I mean. Don't miss the surprise ending. Until next time, Carol

Jet Lag and NAMS 4

Okay, it wasn't a jet, but I did take a 747 to NAMS. And yes, I've been back for a week now. But it takes me a while to recover so you won't get all the juicy details for a bit longer yet. All I can say is I took loads of notes, hung out with some amazing people, and wish they didn't live so far away. I learned a lot and really enjoyed the sessions with Bob 'The Teacher' Jenkins, Karon Thackston, and Kathleen Gage. Of course all of the presenters were great, but those three I got the most from. And I had a 15 minute consultation with Mark Hendricks as well. The last NAMS I didn't think I had anything to discuss with him, but this time I forced myself to sign up. I was super nervous, but he was very easy to talk to, and he actually liked my idea for a membership site. I'll talk more about that another time. Once I get my notes organized, I'll give you my top ten takeaway points. Now the challenge is to do them, not stay in learning mode. So